Saturday, December 11, 2010

Start This Journey

So I understand that I am going to be able to post some of my photos here, though I don't yet know how. I have a part-time photography 'company' (strange to call it that) called Portraits and Places here in the country outside of Stirling, Ontario, Canada. I have been taking pictures as a hobby for about 40 years, having bought my first 'pro' camera, a Topcon Super D, when I found enough money during my university years.  I was the photo editor for my university engineering newspaper for one year and helped out the photography instructor at a summer camp I worked at for a few years, but that is all of my public experience. Now that I have retired from the day job, I am investing much more time to this 'hobby'.

Is it strange that I have just purchased several Carl Zeiss manual focus lenses, to compliment my Canon L series gear?  That started as an attempt to get one really good wide angle lens, but has blossomed into several more aquisitions.  Perhaps a nostalgic trip back to that Topcon and lenses that I thought were magnificent in their purity?

Well, my first post, and now to find out what I can really do with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment